Per Aspera

• Be with someone who makes you happy
  • I took a walk through the woods quite by accident the other day. I had somewhere to be, and I never ended up arriving there. At a fork in the road, I went left, and my destination went right. Perhaps subconsciously I knew it wasn’t where I was supposed to be. Perhaps I know more than I remember, and made the choice to take the lefthand path. Regardless of the the cause, I took a walk through the woods quite by accident the other day, and when I left my destination, I gained tranquility.
  • The first sound I hear every morning upon leaving my apartment is the crows laughing at me for consistently misjudging how cold it is outside. Jokes on them, they have to live out there.
  • The Halloween decorations are out again. My favorite time of year. Wandering the isles of masks and pumpkins and grinning skulls, all done up in black and orange, purple and green.
    • The chill taste of october air is better than any cup of coffee for waking me up in the morning.
  • Fell off the rock at my last climb. I landed on my feet, but it was a reminder of how much I enjoy the feeling  of falling. Landing, however, stung a bit.